Annual Children's Christmas
for local Head Start and Pre-K children
Saturday, December 14, 2013
10:00am to 11:00am
This year around 100 local families whose pre-school children attend the Wilson County Head Start or Pre-K program will be coming to the College Hills building to experience
A Children's Christmas. This long-standing College Hills tradition is a blessing both to our special guests and to our church family. There are opportunities for everyone to be involved by ... purchasing gifts, donating funds, filling goodie bags, helping with set-up or clean up, volunteering to be a part of the December 8th activities, praying for this event... and much more.
The Head Start and Pre-K families benefit from your generosity in many ways, including:
- Parents receive a bag with two gifts for each of their children, specially selected for the individual child from their own Wish List. One gift is clothing - School Shirts or a Sweatsuit - in their size and favorite color; the other gift is a toy or other item from their Wish List. These gifts can be taken home by the parents and hidden away until Christmas, then given to the children on Christmas morning.
- Each child will receive a Goodie Bag which they can open on the day of the party. These Goodie Bags, which are decorated by our Children's Classes, typically include gloves/hat, toothbrush/toothpaste, age appropriate book, toys and other fun treats.
- Each child gets the opportunity to visit with Santa, where they can have a complimentary picture taken and inserted into a commemorative folder.
- The families will enjoy various fun activities including Balloon Twisting, Sing-a-long, and other special moments with many volunteers from the College Hills family.
- After the festivities, all are invited to share in a Traditional Holiday Dinner in the Fellowship Center. A wonderful meal is prepared and served by the Community Bible Class and includes Turkey, Dressing, Potatoes, Beans, Cranberry Sauce, Roll, Homemade Dessert and Beverage.
Look for sign up sheets in the College Hills Lobby and in your Bible Class beginning Sunday, October 21. Many volunteers will be needed to purchase items from a child's Wish List, wrap the gift and bring it to the designated Gift Tables in the College Hills lobby by Wednesday, November 14. Volunteers will also be needed for set-up, event day duties (beginning at 9:00 am), and clean up. Please start thinking of the ways you can participate, and pray that EVERYONE involved will be blessed by this special event.
Monetary donations are also needed throughout the months of September, October and November - for the purchase of Goodie Bag items, supplies, etc. Donations may be given to Susan Jackson, Carol Locke, or any of the College Hills Staff.
Make plans now to be a part of this special Christmas event. Your Holidays will be all the brighter - guaranteed!!!